Bitching Brew

Friday, May 26, 2006

Pulling through. The end is nigh.

Today's exam went well. Feeling much better now! So I have two mid-high 2.1s and a 2.2 in the bag now. Pure speculation, of course, but I'm generally able to predict my result to within 3 or 4 percent. I didn't quite get the last question finished today, but the three previous answers were definitely in the "very good to excellent" category. I needed that to go well. It's a big break for me.

So I'm more than half-way through my finals. I've the unseen general paper tomorrow, but I feel confident I can write two coherent essays on whatever topic comes up. Law on Wednesday still scares me, but a 2.1 tomorrow would guarantee me a 2.1 in Economics, regardless of Wednesday's outcome. I might still be on course for an average grade of around 65%, which is decent if unspectacular. Yesterday's result has destroyed any postgrad aspirations in (pure?) Economics, so I will have to look somewhere else. But that's a year and a half away, so I'm not going to fret too much. I should still be able to get into a Master's programme in Politics, History or Psychology, which were my other choices. If I do well in one of those, then a Ph.D. would be open to me if I wish.

I want so desperately to relax and have some fun, but I can't until Wednesday. The physical and mental strain is taking a definite toll. I haven't slept properly in a week; I've been averaging three hours a night since Sunday. If I had any money, I'd treat myself to a CD or something!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home