Bitching Brew

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Aya Sofia!

If ever a train ride was worthy of the label "ghetto", that was it. Fortunately, I lost only 5 euro, 7 dinar, my English-Bulgarian phrase notes, and some of my Western prejudices and standards. I also acquired a marriage proposal, a short time in true squalor, a glance into deep poverty, some sketchy companions, two unsuccessful muggings, a knack for paying bribes, and a few really good stories.

Now I'm in crazy Istanbul. More to follow.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • "I also acquired a marriage proposal, a short time in true squalor, a glance into deep poverty, some sketchy companions, two unsuccessful muggings, a knack for paying bribes, and a few really good stories."

    I feel silly for not having invited you out on the luas to where I live. It looks like it would have been great practice for this trip...

    By Blogger Andrew, at Wed Mar 18, 12:38:00 p.m.  

  • Wow! I haven't visit Blogger in a long while, and now I'm learning that you're in Istanbul?!?! You really have the travelling bug! LOL

    Hope you're doing great Martin. (I don't know if you remember me, but I used to comment a lot on your blog.)

    By Blogger Sonia, at Sun Mar 29, 05:47:00 a.m.  

  • Thanks Sonia. Aye, the travelling bug is right through my system.

    Trust me, I've been to Tallaght before. It helped...

    By Blogger Martin, at Mon Apr 13, 09:19:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home