Bitching Brew

Monday, October 22, 2007

Wow - Vancouver.

Vancouver is the most wonderful city in the world. Except when it rains, and it's been raining ceaselessly for over six days now. I imagine a monsoon must be similar.

Despite the rain, I'm having a smashing time in Vancouver. I have some great friends here, who've been a real help. Through them, I've met a terrific bunch of locals who, among other achievements, offered me a berth on an ice hockey team. And when a Canadian invites you on to their ice hockey team, you don't say no. Truth be told, I was rubbish. But it was the most fun I've had in years. Who else in Ireland can say they've placed ice hockey? Eh? There isn't even a single rink in that country! It's a shame, because I'm really keen to keep it up. The minor cuts and bruises made it all worthwhile. Or perhaps I'm thinking of the after-match drinks...

My writing isn't especially fluent today, so it's time to resort to photos. So here are some snaps from Vancouver, the hockey, Victoria, and the Strait of Georgia.

























Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home