Bitching Brew

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The journey ahead.

My expedition from Vancouver to Montreal begins in less than a week. Yipes. As a rough guide, I'll be stopping in or passing by the following places:

  • Vancouver, BC - I'll miss it
  • Hell's Gate, BC - one of Canada's most renowned gorges
  • Lytton, BC
  • Ashcroft, BC - Canada's driest town
  • Kamloops, BC
  • Blue River, BC
  • Valemount, BC
  • Mount Robson, BC - the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies
  • Yellowhead Pass - BC/AB border
  • Jasper, AB - the main town of the great national park
  • Hinton, AB
  • Edson, AB
  • Edmonton, AB - Alberta's capital and home of the Oilers (Gretzky's old team)
  • Viking, AB
  • Wainwright, AB
  • Unity, SK
  • Biggar, SK
  • Saskatoon, SK - Saskatchewan's largest city
  • Watrous, SK
  • Melville, SK
  • Portage La Prairie, MB
  • Winnipeg, MB - Manitoba's capital, notorious for its extreme climate
  • Whiteshell Provincial Park, MB
  • Sioux Lookout, ON
  • Armstrong, ON
  • Longlac, ON
  • Hornepayne, ON
  • Gogama, ON
  • Capreol, ON
  • Sudbury, ON - the nickel capital of the world, with a landscape to match the title
  • Parry Sound, ON
  • Washago, ON
  • Toronto, ON - my much-loved home for a year
  • Cobourg, ON
  • Belleville, ON
  • Kingston, ON
  • Cornwall, ON
  • Montreal, QC - it's Montreal; c'est tout.

Until I set off, Vancouver and its funky inhabitants will keep me happy and busy.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Hey, it's been awhile. I hear you're back in the filth that is your native city?

    By Blogger dpineapple, at Mon Nov 12, 06:41:00 a.m.  

  • Indeed I am; I arrived back a few days ago. Leaving aside the filth and the inefficiency, I'd forgotten just how rude people are here. I'm receiving a crash-course in ill manners; the locals must think I'm foreign.

    I was on the road for eight weeks, so the break is welcome. Also, it's great to see family and friends. Not that I've seen most of them yet, but give me ten days or so. I'm in surprisingly good form and am optimistic about my stay here. The trick is to keep the same attitudes I had while I was away.

    By Blogger Martin, at Mon Nov 12, 10:41:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home