Bitching Brew

Monday, September 24, 2007

Rural Tennessee and North Carolina

I've been in the States almost a week now. Already, I've worked my way from Nashville through central and southeastern Tennessee, northern Georgia, and western North Carolina. Currently, I'm staying in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It's ridiculously hot for this time of year: the temperature is still in the high thirties. Tomorrow, I leave for Asheville, North Carolina, an artsy enclave in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It ought to be an excellent base for hiking. My weekend shall be spent on the Atlantic coast, in the old city of Charleston, South Carolina. From there, things are open-ended.

Here are some photos from a week in the beautiful wilderness:


Fall Creek Falls in central Tennessee. Although the river flow is weak due to drought, this is the highest waterfall east of the Rockies.



This king snake had to be dodged on one forest trail.



Why does Jesus need a thrift store?



North Carolina...



Outside a flea market in the boonies. I had to be cautious about photographing inside.



Looking across the Smoky Mountains.



A mile-high mountain pass in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Nothing in Britain or Ireland even approaches this altitude.



The view from a mile high.



The hills of northern Georgia.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home