Bitching Brew

Monday, March 05, 2007

Storm photos.

These photos of last week's snow and ice storm aren't exactly revelatory. The reason is that for most of the winter, it's too cold to take your gloves off to manipulate a camera. It's only half a minute, you say? Ah, but I've learned something about gloves. Gloves maintain your fingers at the temperature they were at before they were inserted. The temperature rises only very slowly inside. 30 or 40 seconds of -10 or below temperatures makes your fingers rigid and numb. So, even once they're back inside the gloves, they're still frozen. All that being said, I made a couple of attempts. :)





You can't take breathtaking pictures of an ice storm, as the falling precipitation looks just like rain. That's because it is supercooled rain, freezing immediately on impact. I managed to get two decent snaps of the blizzard. The photos I took from my office window, alas, were ruined by the thick glass. I've also uploaded a shot or two of the snowy, icy, slushy aftermath. 'Twasn't fun to walk on; thicker snow alone was much easier.



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Please don't ever post of picture of the slushy streets again! That's what I hate the most about winters. There's nothing like slush to ruin a nice pair of boots.

    :-(

    By Blogger Sonia, at Fri Mar 16, 09:46:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home