Bitching Brew

Friday, February 02, 2007

Long time no blog.

It's been a couple of weeks since I found the time to jot down a new blog entry. The problem is that I can't write at length here about the most significant things in my life right now. I was at Purplelectricity last Saturday - a Prince-themed club night in the Drake. We had a fantastic time; perhaps I'll write at length about it once I have some photos to steal and post here. Also, we're throwing a house party in the apartment in just over a week. I'm going to make up some tapas-like dishes to go with the wine and chit-chat. Tasters for my weekend to come: Friday brings after-work drinks and a relatively early night; I've organised yet another fun date with the gorgeous Canadian girl to fill Saturday; Sunday brings Six Nations rugby (probably in Scallywags) and a Superbowl party (we're really only watching to see Prince's half-time show). On a more fun note, somewhere in there I'll have to finish off the essay/personal statement for my grad school applications. Having been out of university for eight months now, it's proving difficult.

I had intended to visit Ottawa for the last weekend of the Winterlude festival and skate on the Rideau canal. However, I've gone off the idea and have decided to scrap it. Firstly, no one else wanted to or was available to come along, which was a blow. Skating for five miles in the bitter cold isn't as fun or as romantic when it's done alone. Secondly, it's been bloody freezing here in Toronto for over three weeks straight now. When I decided to go to Ottawa, I was excited about going to an even colder city, as hardcore winter hadn't struck here yet. Having endured nearly a month of temperatures ranging between -5 and -20 (with wind chills running from -15 down to -30), I find myself less keen than ever on taking a winter break in an even colder climate. Finally, I have good reasons to stay here. It's the Chinese New Year on the very weekend I'd planned to go, and I expect that to be pretty special in Toronto. Also, I've been given the opportunity to go snow-tubing in Barrie that Sunday. Why pass these chances up, eh?

P.S. Thanks for all the comments - I'll answer them once I've slept!

2 Comments:

  • 'Snow-tubing in Barrie'?! Can I just categorically state that I have never, ever, at any point, engaged in sub-zero colonic irrigation. Just so we're clear.

    I don't think much of you supporting such an activity either, by the way. You never hear of me going 'ice-funnelling in Martina', do you?! Exactly. Shame.

    By Anonymous Barry, at Sat Feb 03, 01:43:00 p.m.  

  • Canada is famous for its innovative irrigations. You don't know what you're missing.

    Eh... also, I know a Martina back in Dublin. Don't think she'd appreciate the sentiment, but I could always pass on an email?

    I went frostbiting today. Fun times. You went dew-spotting and soliciting. The argument ends there, my friend!

    By Blogger Martin, at Wed Feb 07, 03:06:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home