Bitching Brew

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Of all the lame injuries.

Last night was a thing of beauty. Had good times, sent a glass of Erdinger skeetering across a bar, and then had more good times. I arrived home in happy form and slipped smiling into bed.

This morning was a different story. When I awoke, I couldn't raise my head or turn it to the right. Any movement produced a sharp, straining pain, but the two mentioned ambitions led to stifled screams and marrow-cracking shocks into the right side of my skull. Yes, dear readers, I managed to bust my neck in my sleep. Now I wear a tight-fitting support collar and pop pills to moderate the pain. (My plans for tonight have also been moderated.)

Bah. Just in time for Christmas. :(

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • Omg, I'm so sorry! That's awful. Hopefully Santa will bring you some nice presents to make up for it. Injuries suck. I'm just getting over mine . . . down to one crutch, hooray! Feel better!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Dec 17, 03:11:00 a.m.  

  • Thanks D! Congratulations on losing the first crutch. The second shall soon fall, and with it, that little cloud it brings.

    By Blogger Martin, at Mon Dec 18, 03:02:00 a.m.  

  • You should really use this opportunity to ask one of your new friends to give you a neck massage.

    :-D

    Hope you'll feel better soon!

    By Blogger Sonia, at Mon Dec 18, 06:47:00 a.m.  

  • Crikey! There must be something going around (the, er, northern hemisphere) - Monday morning found me waking up with the full gamut of flu symptoms present and correct, rendering me cold (beneath several layers of clothes) and, yes, with a pain in my neck, slight though it was. You haven't been dabbling in voodoo lately, have you? It's a familiar tale - good Catholic lad goes to convert the screaming heathens of the New World; goes native. I need to know.

    By Blogger Barry, at Thu Dec 21, 01:05:00 a.m.  

  • Crikey! There must be something going around (the, er, northern hemisphere) - Monday morning found me waking up with the full gamut of flu symptoms present and correct, rendering me cold (beneath several layers of clothes) and, yes, with a pain in my neck, slight though it was. You haven't been dabbling in voodoo lately, have you? It's a familiar tale - good Catholic lad goes to convert the screaming heathens of the New World; goes native. I need to know.

    By Blogger Barry, at Thu Dec 21, 01:06:00 a.m.  

  • Well Sonia, I just might raise the neck massage issue with someone later today... >:D

    And Barry... How goes flu? Is it the unfortunate hardcore variety, timed perfectly to follow exams and nag you over the holidays? Now that you mention voodoo - crap! I'd meant to go see the pagan festival today in Kensington Market. Winter solstice and all that. It completely slipped my mind.

    Alarmingly, while it's mid-winter back home, everyone here is referring to it as the first day of winter.

    By Blogger Martin, at Fri Dec 22, 05:24:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home