Bitching Brew

Monday, October 16, 2006

Adventures in cooking.

Today has been distinguished, to say the least. I'll focus on my adventures in cooking. When I arrived home this afternoon, I decided to make some crepes. While I can rustle up some reasonable pancakes, Crepeland was a virgin arena for me. I boldly went without an appropriately-sized flipper, and, well... take a look at my blueberry crepe.



Ahem. I was smartly persuaded to revert to the classic pancake and maple syrup combination.

Later this afternoon, I decided to make a risotto. Simple enough, you might think. Indeed. Except that in the absence of vegetable stock, I'd bought two small cans of vegetable broth. I was puzzled by how rapidly the rice absorbed the broth, and alarmed when the risotto began to smoke and burn. Then I glanced at the cans. In very small print in the corner: "Condensed Soup. Add Water." Ah. I belatedly added water.



To be fair, I made a valiant attempt at eating the atrocity pictured above. I gagged on my first forkful. Water supported me through the next four mouthfuls, before I quit. It was the most revolting thing I've ever cooked up.

So now I'm off to fry some bacon and eggs. I can't mess that up... or can I? ;)

P.S. Will respond to all your comments as soon as I can!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Please don't ever invite me for breakfast. LOL! And I don't know what's on the other picture, but it looks like a thing a contestant would eat on Fear Factor or Survivor... like fried worms or something.
    :-(

    By Blogger Sonia, at Mon Oct 23, 03:17:00 a.m.  

  • Even though all my other pancakes have been perfectly tasty, no-one ever wants one. Strange that...

    The fried worms ate my pot. Every cleanser in the book has failed miserably - so a replacement is en route.

    By Blogger Martin, at Fri Oct 27, 02:10:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home