Bitching Brew

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Stressée - moi? Jamais.

My final exams begin in four and a half days, and the schedule is rather compressed. Time is running out at an alarming rate. Despite this, I found myself completely unable to study today. I did manage to staple some past exam papers together. That was my solitary achievement.

The stress is definitely getting to me. What's worse, it's sucking every other worry, concern and nagging feeling I have into a whirlpool of underlying angst. I'm not cracking up, but I am finding it impossible to focus or concentrate on the tasks at hand. My brain is elsewhere - drunk again on hopeless lust and love. (It's unfortunate that such issues can't be resolved right now. 'Twould kill several birds with a single stone.)

I know exactly what I need: endorphins and oxytocin. :( But since I'm not going to find either, I need to plough ahead somehow. I rarely find those endorphins when I need them. Stable relationships have their virtues, one of which becomes quite apparent this time of year.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Perk up Irish! We've been there. You know what I suggest? I suggest hanging out in a hot tub with a few cold beers and some friends at the end of those four and a half days. You'll feel a hell of a lot better.

    By Blogger Nyx, at Thu May 18, 09:30:00 p.m.  

  • Not the worst idea I've ever heard! Even better, a hot tub and some charming young things. (Not too young, and the 'things' would actually be women, but you get the picture.)

    By Blogger Martin, at Sun May 21, 10:28:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home