Bitching Brew

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Why do I answer these things?!

1. Time of starting: 18:36

2. Were you named after anyone? Martin Luther King. No, just kidding. It seems to have been random.

3. Do you wish on stars? No.

4. When did you last cry? Fairly recent - about a month ago.

5. Do you like your hand writing? In my school years it had a kind of elegance. Nowadays, there are times you'd think I was in medical school.

6. What is your favourite meat? I'm including fish - so a prime piece of wild Alaska salmon is peerless.

7. What is the most embarrassing CD on your shelf? Savage Garden's debut album. Not too embarrassing, in all fairness. Oh wait, I have Shaggy's 'It Wasn't Me'. The only way I could get the filthy tune out of my head was to buy it. And hey presto.

8. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? I think that even if we were in the same class, we'd go through four years without speaking to each other. However, an alternative version of me would be damn cool. The road not travelled and all that.

9. Are you a daredevil? Alcohol makes me more susceptible to peer pressure. But only if it's peer pressure to drink more. Aside from alcohol-induced mirth, I have been known to do random, adventurous things. Daredevil is a wee bit on the strong side though.

10.Did you ever tell a secret you weren’t supposed to? Once, quite by accident. My code of honour (!) forbids it, and I was quite cut up over it. For a few hours anyway. It's only a problem if you let slip to someone untrustworthy, really.

11. How do you release anger? Anger? I am the Iceman. Actually, I write about it. Sometimes I cry.

12 Where is your second home? It used to be Doyle's, but now I'm sad to say that it's the Arts Block.

13 Do you trust others easily? To a point, yes. Then there's a series of steps to be negotiated. Some climb fast, while others stall. I've become less trusting, so it's harder for newbies to climb. First-mover advantage still holds.

14 Favourite toy? Erm, does it count as a toy...?

15. What class in college do you think is totally useless? 'Study Skills for Junior Freshmen', or possibly that interesting 'Advanced Logic' course I took.

16. Do you use sarcasm a lot? My satirical instincts are repressed by my genial nature.

17. Have you ever been in a mosh pit? Hell yeah. They weren't the extreme limits of hardcore, mind you. Still pretty intense.

18. What do you look for in a girl? I'd love to say something witty, but the truth is: an equal. (They certainly exist, and I don't mean to imply otherwise!) I write it because it's a prerequisite. If you're my friend, you obviously qualify. :)

19. Would you do a bungee jump? No chance. I'd happily hang-glide or skydive though.

20. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I fear laces. Slip-ons and velcro are my forte. Apart from my "unusual" shoes.

21. What's your favourite ice cream flavour? I was always partial to strawberry cornettos.

22. What are your favourite colours? I'm notoriously black. Except in summer, when I make a more colourful effort.

23. What is your least favourite thing? Those few grey hairs I've had for years.

24. How many people do you have a crush on right now? Medium- to hard-core crushes... three. Minor ones.... six.

25. How many Facebook/Bebo friends have you ever had a crush on? (Quickly checks) Five, loosely.

26. What do you miss most right now? A woman's touch. Hey, I'm writing this in the library - I'm certainly not getting much touch in here!

27. What colour underwear are you wearing? Black. Black boxer-briefs. They're hot. I just don't get the prevalence of white.

28. What are you listening to right now? The occasional turning of pages and the clickety-click of keyboards. I'm on the second floor of the Ussher library today. Earlier, I was listening to my new favourite album: Sufjan Stevens' Illinois.

29. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? My often sunny demeanour masks a darker interior, so probably black. Maybe red - the colour of passion.

30. What is the weather like right now? It's fairly mild, a gentle breeze, no rain today. Pleasant.

31. Last person you talked to on the phone? Mark. I had to retrieve my college bag from his apartment - I deposited it there for safekeeping, before the group moved on to the Gingerman last night.

32. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Smile, eyes and face, in no set order. I've disciplined myself to keep my eyes level and directed at the face. A valuable skill, which allows me to appreciate and devote time to the conversation without distractions.

33. Do you like the person who sent you this? As we say in Dublin, he's a sound man. A decent skin.

34. How are you today? I'm feeling decent. Last night was a lot of fun. The college stress is impacting somewhat, as evidenced by my continuing procrastination.

35. Favourite drink non-alcoholic? A short cappuccino. Even though I end up with the tall version all too often.

36. Favourite alcoholic drink? A cold, crisp pint of Bulmers. Followed closely by a slightly sweet red wine.

37. Hair colour? A medium-dark brown. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't have wisps and tendrils catching in my eyes anymore.

38. Eye colour? I'm assured that they're an unusually beautiful blue. I concur.

39. Wear contacts? Whenever I'm out of the house. In other words, practically every day.

40. Siblings? One younger brother - 18 years old. Relations are cordial.

41. Favourite month? I've always loved the whole January through May cycle. Despite the incredible stress. I'll hesitantly go for March. Despite the incredible stress. ;)

42. Favourite food? Dark chocolate, >70%. Followed by: sushi, almost any pasta dish, and a hot BLT ciabatta.

43. Last movie you watched? Walk the Line. Such a fantastically entertaining film!

44. Favourite day of the year? You know this has no answer. Because any day with long-building expectations attached invariably lets you down. Last year my favourite day was (rummages through calendar): the 26th of May. For the sheer giddy delight. It just edges some of the thrillers America threw up.

45. Have you ever been too shy to ask someone out? 'Yes' is too moderate an answer. It's easiest when you don't know the woman long. So you just 'sort of' know her. I can't do it to complete strangers. And it's terrifying when it's a friend.
I've decided that I'm going to ask someone out in the next few days. It's been too long. And yes, it's scary.

46. How many people have a crush on you right now? How I'd pay to know the answer (and identities). I'll guesstimate two - and I think I know who. Still, I'll dream of three or four.

47. Scary movies or happy endings? Scary movies.

48. Summer or winter? Winter has its consolations, but summer still kicks its arse. To be frank.

49. Hugs or kisses? Kisses. They're so much rarer than hugs. I want to trade my surplus of hugs for kisses, but can't, damn it! In economics, we refer to this as a market failure, which may require government intervention. Such as kissing vouchers.

50. Do you want your friends to write back? Naturally. Why else would I write? If it's out of frustration, I'm usually smart enough to save the missive to drafts.

51. Who is most likely to respond? Friendly folks.

52. Who is least likely to respond? You know exactly who you are!

53. What book/magazine are you reading at the moment? Tacitus' The Annals.

54. What's on your mouse pad? I use a laptop.

55. What did you watch on TV last night? I was out last night, so no TV for me. I'm not a big TV man.

56. Favourite Smell? A fresh cheesecake. On a side note, you know your crush is hardcore when you start craving the smell of their armpits.

57. Do you regret ever breaking up with someone? Definitely.

58. Favourite actor/actress? I'm not into the personality cult thing. But Bill Murray leaves me in awe.

59. Time of finishing this: 13:58. The following day. And yes, I did take a short break.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • What a great post--so interesting to learn so many fun things! A Shaggy CD? *groans* Just the mere men tion of that wretched song has its chorus stuck in my head now! Bill Murray in Caddyshack was hilarious!

    By Blogger Etchen, at Wed Mar 15, 02:43:00 p.m.  

  • Thanks! :)

    Oh, believe me, once you buy the song (I don't mean to imply that you will!) you will have no inclination to listen to it. Ever. And rightly so.

    Bill Murray, in my opinion, doesn't appear in movies - he graces them.

    By Blogger Martin, at Fri Mar 17, 12:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home