Bitching Brew

Monday, March 20, 2006

Ahem.

EDIT: I amalgamated two results into the one post. Otherwise I'd keep doing these things forever.

I'm not asking anything from you... so I think I've kept my promise. These are just results. Truth is, it's a hell of a lot easier to procrastinate by taking a meaningless, fun test than to get stuck into hardcore work.


You Are a Dreaming Soul

Your vivid emotions and imagination takes you away from this world
So much so that you tend to live in your head most of the time
You have great dreams and ambitions that could be the envy of all...
But for you, following through with your dreams is a bit difficult

You are charming, endearing, and people tend to love you.
Forgiving and tolerant, you see the world through rose colored glasses.
Underneath it all, you have a ton of passion that you hide from others.
Always hopeful, you tend to expect positive outcomes in your life.

Souls you are most compatible with: Newborn Soul, Prophet Soul, and Traveler Soul


Is this accurate (in the most general, empty sense)?! It's a fair assessment I think. Caveat: I'm definitely a lot less naive and trusting than I once was - or even than I recently was. A lot of the tint has been bleached out of my glasses over time. I am forgiving and tolerant. No doubt there. Also, I do have a ton of passion which might not be fully ventilated through my turgid prose here. It's seeping out more and more into my life though, and despite the difficulties in wrestling with it, I love it.





Your Seduction Style: The Dandy



You're a non-traditionalist, not limited by gender roles or expectations.

Your sexuality is more fluid than that - and you defy labels or categories.

It's hard to pin you down, and that's what's fascinating about you.

You have the psychology of both a male and a female, and you can relate to anyone.



Well. That might explain a few things. The Dandy, eh? For those of you less familiar with the phrase, let's take a look at what Wikipedians think.

Charles Baudelaire held that the dandy's mere existence was a reproach to the responsible citizen of the middle class.


Well, there's a positive start. Not so bad!

A dandy was differentiated from a fop in that the dandy's dress was more refined and sober.


Wonderful. I'm a refined and sober fop.

To cap it off, famous dandies listed in the article include: Oscar Wilde, Andy Warhol and Quentin Crisp. Bah. I can't hold a candle to any of them. I prefer to think of myself as a modern-day Byron: to paraphrase the article, he occasionally adopted the pose. That's the truth folks. So if I do appear occasionally as a dandy, do be assured, dear friends, that 'tis a mere affectation. And I'm sorry to say that my sexuality isn't actually very fluid. It'd be a lot more fun if it was, I'm sure! ;)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • My result said I was a visionary soul--I had bouts fo depression and was wise. (I'm not so sure about either of those statements, but it's always lovely be be referred to as a visionary) ;-)

    p.s. It's Monday-I think we're required to procrastinate on a Monday morning.

    By Blogger Etchen, at Mon Mar 20, 06:25:00 p.m.  

  • Visionaries are rather compelling. They're often nuts, but the good outweighs the bad. :P

    And every day is like Monday!

    By Blogger Martin, at Tue Mar 21, 03:09:00 p.m.  

  • You got me hooked on these quizes . . . I just can't stop . . . even the lame ones like "What color green are you?" Apparently, I'm Teal. Must stop taking quizes . . . must get back to work . . .

    By Blogger C the Maven, at Wed Mar 22, 06:15:00 p.m.  

  • I'm infecting others with my vices - it makes me feel better. :D If only you knew how many internet quizzes I've taken over the last few years. They're numbered in the upper hundreds. This counts as a lull!

    By the way, teal is definitely in the top three greens.

    By Blogger Martin, at Thu Mar 23, 02:01:00 p.m.  

  • Hey! I'm a Dreaming Soul also. Nothing surprising there. In fact, I would have been surprised to have any other result. I guess those tests are based on some kind of good psychological insight. LOL!

    By Blogger Sonia, at Thu Mar 30, 04:31:00 p.m.  

  • Funny how many bloggers are dreamers and visionaries! :) By the way, the test was approved by the British Fraudian Society (sic).

    By Blogger Martin, at Thu Apr 06, 11:31:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home