Bitching Brew

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Quote of the Day

Fierce competition for top slot today. Uncharacteristically, the BBC provided both front-runners. Sadly, there had to be one loser.

Referring to the 78-year-old man Dick Cheney shot in the cheek, neck and chest - who also has a pellet lodged in his heart - the BBC's caption to his photo read: "Harry Whittington is likely to bear the marks for life". You don't say.

So, the silver medals go to the caption-writer (for obvious reasons) and to Richard (for the botched assassination).

But today's clear winner is Welshman Chris Seal, who, invited to opine on Valentine's Day and romance, revealed that:
"I think the best way to find a long-term partner is through friends rather than through a billboard."

Yes, dear readers, he did hire a billboard. No, he did not receive any responses. Not even sniggering ones (which I'm most disappointed about).

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Personally, I would never let any of my friends play matchmaker with me. Which says a lot about the people I choose as friends, I guess. LOL! Seriously, none of them has the same taste than I have, when it comes to men, and I doubt that any of them know me well enough to choose someone I would be attract to.

    I still want to strangle my mom for trying to match me up with a dude, three summers ago, and giving him my phone number without my permission and without even telling me that she did so. OK, I used to have a crush on said dude when I was a kid, but I don't anymore and, following her first matchmaking attempt with that same dude, a few weeks earlier, she did know that I was not interested.

    By Blogger Sonia, at Wed Feb 15, 09:24:00 p.m.  

  • I'd run a mile from any attempt to set me up. If they want to introduce you in an ordinary social setting, fair enough. Beyond that is scary.

    Exactly. How could anyone else know who you want? It's hard enough figuring that out yourself! And above all, what Mom wants for you is definitely not a runner. Ever. Let me guess: nice, bland guy, steady job, without even the faintest of quirks? :D

    By Blogger Martin, at Sat Feb 18, 01:11:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home