Bitching Brew

Thursday, January 05, 2006

2005's Quote (out of context) of the Year

Yes, it's out of context. Nevertheless, it's enlightening.

I'm talking to you. You're a person.

- President George Walker Bush, 12 December 2005



It comes from an interview by Brian Williams, which you can read here. To be fair, Bush came across reasonably well in (the rest of) it. He was a lot more precise with his choice of words than usual. No great analyses or insights; an interview with a serving President rarely brings them, in truth.

Very interesting that he believes the US Constitution is a "living document". That might not go down too well with some of his supporters, but I doubt they even noticed. And I thought he was a Clarence Thomas fan? Meh. People change, I guess. Sometimes they even flip-flop.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • "I'm talking to you. You're a person" What the heck?!?!?! Bwaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa haaaaaaa! Does he usually talk to fishes, tulips or his bowl of jello? Geesh!

    Don't worry though. We use to have one just like yours. Jean Chrétien. He's finally gone. Just like yours will be soon.

    Although in all fairness, I should say that the one we have now is just as much of an idiot has the previous one, but at least, he doesn't "sound" like an idiot. LOL!

    Sonia

    By Blogger Sonia, at Thu Jan 05, 10:51:00 p.m.  

  • Oooops! Me again. Sorry! I just saw that you're from Dublin, Ireland. So George Bush isn't even your president. LOL! My bad! So just replace all the yours by theirs (the Americans').

    Ciao!

    By Blogger Sonia, at Thu Jan 05, 10:55:00 p.m.  

  • I protest, Sonia - I talk to inanimate objects all the time. (Usually in expletives.) Also, I talk to myself, and I don't believe I'm an idiot. Although, I must say, I would never say something so obvious as GWB said, no matter how unsubtle my personality.

    By Blogger dpineapple, at Fri Jan 06, 04:57:00 p.m.  

  • LOL! I hear you dpineable. I do talk and scream at TV characters and my neighboor thinks I'm crazy. So I guess I shouldn't judge Bush... but I will anyway, because he's a moron. And if I ever become famous, people will be more than welcome to judge me and think I'm a moron.

    ;-)

    Sonia

    By Blogger Sonia, at Sat Jan 07, 12:24:00 a.m.  

  • Ooops! Forgot to add... at least when I talk to TV characters, I don't tell them "I'm talking to you."

    LOL! ;-)

    Sonia

    By Blogger Sonia, at Sat Jan 07, 12:43:00 a.m.  

  • Heheh! I should have added that there's not really any context where "You're a person!" sounds profound. Not even when said in a squeaky voice, a la "I'm a real boy!". Which is how I keep imagining G saying it...

    By Blogger Martin, at Sat Jan 07, 12:46:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home