Bitching Brew

Monday, October 17, 2005

Snigger.

I try to avoid wanton Bush-bashing. Really, I do. The guy's not evil, just waaay out of his depth. Wrong job. Surely the bigger suckers are the ones who elected him. (Not that they got much in the way of choice...)

Nevertheless, I can't waste any more perfect opportunities. I simply could not suppress my sniggers at this. The Harriet and George Letters. No, these are not a spoof - they're genuine scans from the released correspondence. (I love Freedom of Information Acts. So much so that I want the Irish version to be fully restored.) If you click on the second page, you'll see that George cunningly writes in hieroglyphics. The GWB autograph market is safe from forgeries, methinks. Only the most gifted of masters could reproduce such handwriting. Note also the cryptic final line: "P.S. No more public scatology." If you're wondering what 'scatology' means, here's a handy dictionary link. Heh.

From The Smoking Gun, via The Agitator.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • those were completely hysterical -- they're like the old-fashioned "mash" note!

    By Blogger L, at Wed Oct 19, 11:37:00 p.m.  

  • I love 'em! (And Mash rocks.) Some day I'll get around to reading the lot. Next task: the Bill and Monica notes. Followed by the Tony and George letters.

    By Blogger Martin, at Fri Oct 21, 12:28:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home