Bitching Brew

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Postscript to all the Miers/Bush posts.

Well, the saga's over. Maybe now I'll get to focus less on internal American politics, and more on the rest of the world. And hopefully some lighter subjects once again. Where's the comic relief, eh?!

Just because I wrote a lot on this topic recently doesn't make me anti-American. In fact, I'm an avowed Amerophile, to coin a fake word. I love the USA, its people, and much of its culture. I admire its constitution as one of the finest in the world. I backpacked across the States this summer, from Philadelphia to Seattle, via Tennessee, Ohio, and very many states besides. It was probably the greatest experience of my life. The truth is that I hope to live in the US some day. Hopefully that day isn't too far off.

So don't be offended if I criticise or mock your government or policies. To clarify, were I a US citizen, I'd be neither Republican nor Democrat. I mock and rail against governments in every country, even if I don't write about them here. That's purely because the US interests me a lot more than the internal affairs of Uzbekistan et al.

Bon soir, mes amis.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • hey i am aditi[20, india, applied art student from mumbai]
    i visited ur blog and its nice though i am not really into us politics, we have enough of the indian one...but its nice to see youth who are politically aware.
    take care and visit my blog when u have time www.aditipagez.blogspot.com

    By Blogger aditik, at Thu Oct 27, 09:14:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home